Career Opportunities | Center for the Arts, Escondido Skip Navigation

About the Center: Career Opportunities

The California Center for the Arts, Escondido offers exciting and rewarding careers that brings people together to discover, create and celebrate visual and performing arts.  Want to be at the Center of it all? Come work for us! Discover our current job opportunities:

My Story Drama Instructor

The Drama Teaching Artist will teach drama through California history and work with up to 10 classes of fourth graders in 2-4 schools in North County. The program’s duration is approximately from the end of September through the end of March.  This is part-time position.  Find out more and apply online at https://ccae.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=34

Photography Teaching Artist

The photography teaching artists will work with up to 10 classes of fifth graders in 2-4 separate schools in the Escondido Union School District, focusing on digital photography and literacy.  The program duration is approximately September 2017 through March 2018.  This is a part-time position.  Find out more and apply online at https://ccae.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=35

Prep Cook

The Prep Cook is responsible for hot and cold food preparation following menu specifications, organizing the kitchen area, marking and dating food perishables, implementing FIFO inventory usage, maintaining kitchen equipment, and complying with OSHA regulations.  This is a full-time position.  Find out more and apply online at https://ccae.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=33

Bilingual/Spanish Performing Arts Coordinator

The PA Coordinator provides administrative and operational support to the Performing Arts Department:  with 80% of time on Theater Rentals, and the other 20% of time assisting with other tasks as delegated under Front of House, Community Events and Presented Season. Office work will include assisting with rental bookings from first inquiry to final closeout of event, customer service and administrative assignments.  During CCAE events, employee is responsible to provide exceptional customer service and is responsible for responding to special requests for all CCAE clients and patrons.  This is a FT, non-exempt position.  Find out more and apply online at https://ccae.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=32

Banquet Attendant/Houseman
The Banquet Attendant/Houseman is responsible for setting up, tearing down, and providing service at banquets, events, and banquet-related food and beverage operations.  Requires superior customer service skills and a commitment to following food handling and safety procedures.  Food Handlers Card is required. This is a PT and On-Call position, variable hours including weekends.  Apply online at https://ccae.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=4

Bartender
The Banquets and Concessions Bartender is responsible for preparing alcoholic beverages during Center events and concessions.  Requires superior customer service skills.  This is a PT and On-Call position, variable hours including weekends. Apply online at https://ccae.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=4

Performing Arts Internship

This internship is suitable for a college student of any level majoring in Performing Arts, Business, Communications, or Entertainment, especially those with a focus on non-profit management or event planning. This experience is meant to give the student a working knowledge, practice, and understanding of a non-profit arts organization. The intern will be given real responsibilities and is expected to perform in a professional matter.  This is a Part-time and unpaid internship.  The Intern will receive academic credit.

Stage Technician Internship
Under the direction of the Production Manager, the Technician Intern learns how to work all of the technical aspects of theatrical performances, concerts, and other events.  The program consists of 1,000 hours of instruction and on-the-job training.  While this is a paid internship, first and foremost the program is meant to be educational.  Only individuals who are looking for a technical theater educational experience and are willing to put a minimum of two years into the program should apply.

Learn more & apply:

Share This Page: