* Discounts are available for some attendees. Learn more...
Wine Wednesdays with The World of Frida
Wednesdays from 5 – 7:30PM
Join the Museum for their new evening hours each Wednesday during The World of Frida!
Each ticket includes admission to the Museum, a glass of wine, and a cheese plate. Enjoy an evening happy hour outside on the Museum’s courtyard and a stroll through our galleries. You must be 21 to purchase alcohol and IDs will be checked at the door. For regular admission tickets please click here.
Coming to the Museum from the Bedford Gallery in California, The World of Frida, celebrates the culture, style, and persona of visionary painter Frida Kahlo.
Frida’s work continues to inspire with her story of love, adventure, and pain. Featuring over 100 works across all media by contemporary artists, their works touch on Frida’s life and art, her love of animals, and her vibrant Mexican culture.
The World of Frida underscores the lasting impact Kahlo and her work had on generations of future artists. The work in this exhibition explores the strength of her legacy, identity, and artistic vision against the backdrop of the twenty-first century.
Before your Visit
Per CDC recommendations, the Museum has new protocols to ensure your visit is safe and enjoyable.
- All visitors to the Museum must properly wear a face covering. Masks must cover both the nose and mouth of the wearer. Visitors under 2 are not required to wear a face covering per CDC guidelines. Happy hour guests may remove their mask while seated and enjoying wine.
- A non-invasive temperature check is mandatory for all visitors. Staff will use a non-contact thermometer, aimed at your forehead, to ensure that your temperature is below 99 degrees.
- Per San Diego guidelines, you will be required to sign in to the Museum using your name and phone number.
- Visitors will be expected to socially distance from those outside of their party.
- Current museum attendance is limited to less than 25% of full capacity; this may result in short wait times.
Enhanced Safety Precautions:
The Museum is ready to welcome you back with new health and safety measures.
- Plexiglass is in place at Museum front desk.
- Pre-purchase tickets are strongly encouraged.
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout the Museum.
- Staff wipe down commonly used areas (door handles, front desk, credit card machine) hourly or after each use, whichever is more frequent.
- Museum staff are required to have a temperature check prior to entering the Museum for their shift.
- Staff are required to properly wear a face mask for the duration of their shift.
Each of us plays an important role in curbing the spread of COVID-19. If you, or someone close to you, is experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, we ask that you return at a later date to safely enjoy the exhibition.
Even with all efforts and added precautions, an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. By visiting the Museum, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
Buy tickets online (below), or at the Center ticket office, or by calling 800.988.4253. The ticket office is open Tue. – Sat. 12–6 PM, and Sun. 12–5 PM.
Back to the previous page