* This is either a "ticketless" free event, or an event where free tickets are handed out at the door — simply show up and enjoy. Learn more...
Enjoy FREE admission all day on Saturday, April 10th!
OIL PAINTERS OF AMERICA: 30TH ANNUAL NATIONAL JURIED EXHIBITION OF TRADITIONAL OILS
Dedicated to preserving and promoting excellence in representational art, Oil Painters of America’s primary mission is to advance the cause of traditional, representational fine art by drawing attention to the lasting value of fine drawing, color, composition, and the appreciation of light.
The 30th National Juried Exhibition will highlight paintings that show the highest quality in draftsmanship, color, and composition, emphasizing a diversity in representational style and subject matter.
Every piece in the exhibition will be for sale, a portion of which will help benefit the California Center for the Arts, Escondido.
Enjoy FREE admission to the Museum on the second Saturday of every month!
Please be advised that there may be a wait time to enter the Museum to maintain capacity levels in accordance with current state and county regulations to limit the spread of COVID-19.
Background image: Sue Barrasi, Persevere, 20×24 in., $1800
Attend this Event
What you should know before you visit
Per CDC recommendations, the Museum has new protocols to ensure your visit is safe and enjoyable.
- All visitors to the Museum must properly wear a face covering. Masks must cover both the nose and mouth of the wearer. Visitors under 2 are not required to wear a face covering per CDC guidelines.
- A non-invasive temperature check is mandatory for all visitors. Staff will use a non-contact thermometer, aimed at your forehead, to ensure that your temperature is below 99 degrees.
- Per San Diego guidelines, you will be required to sign in to the Museum using your name and phone number.
- Visitors will be expected to socially distance from those outside of their party.
- Current museum attendance is limited to less than 25% of full capacity; this may result in short wait times.
Enhanced Safety Precautions:
The Museum is ready to welcome you back with new health and safety measures.
- Plexiglass is in place at Museum front desk.
- Pre-purchase tickets are strongly encouraged.
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout the Museum.
- Staff wipe down commonly used areas (door handles, front desk, credit card machine) hourly or after each use, whichever is more frequent.
- Museum staff are required to have a temperature check prior to entering the Museum for their shift.
- Staff are required to properly wear a face mask for the duration of their shift.
Each of us plays an important role in curbing the spread of COVID-19. If you, or someone close to you, is experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, we ask that you return at a later date to safely enjoy the exhibition.
Even with all efforts and added precautions, an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. By visiting the Museum, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
Back to the previous page