Enjoy live entertainment outside on The Center’s Great Green, which allows for social distancing and safe entertainment in a pod-seating format. Events will include a live stage performance shown on LED screens. Those who purchase a ticket will receive further information by email on how to enjoy and enhance the experience. All ages are welcome, though we do encourage you to review the rating of the performance before purchasing a ticket. Patrons are encouraged to bring their own chairs to sit in. Other seating options include renting chairs on-site.
HOW DOES POD TICKETING WORK?
- Tickets are sold in PODS—reserved areas for groups of (x2) + (x4) guests, safely distanced 6′ apart from other pods
- You may upgrade your pod size up to a maximum of (x6) guests per pod at an additional cost
- Our current setup includes a 40×40 covered stage, and 370 7×7 pods
- We are limiting maximum attendance to 25% of our normal lawn capacity to allow for social distancing and ensure that lines are small, spread out, and move quickly
- Patrons may select their desired pod location on the ticketing page. A map detailing the per-person prices & locations is available below
- Pods are sold as an ALL-IN price—you are purchasing admission for a group of (x2-x6) guests, based on the desired size of your group
- Individual tickets are not available for purchase. You may come with less than the designated size of your pod however
- Children are required to have a ticket to enter & must be counted as part of your purchased pod size
- We recommend you bring your own chairs to sit in. If not, chairs will be available on-site for rent.
- Tickets are only available in advance online. No tickets will be sold at the door.
ENTRANCE & PARKING
Concerts will be held on the Great Green. Parking will be designated by zone in accordance with the location of your pod. Once you are parked, please proceed to the Check-In Point closest to your seat(s). From there you will be directed into your space.
SAFETY & SECURITY
Q: WHAT SAFETY PRECAUTIONS ARE BEING TAKEN?
A: All CDC and State of California guidelines will be followed, and we are working closely with San Diego County to ensure this event meets or exceeds all recommended standards. To ensure safety, we will leave enough distance between you and the surrounding patrons. We ask that all guests remain in their designated spaces throughout the duration of the performance. In the event it is necessary for a guest to leave, guests must wear a mask and use safe social distancing practices. Security will be strictly enforced guidelines. Failure to follow safe social distancing, or requests of security or staff members for guests to follow, will cause the guest to be subject to removal. Event staff will be wearing PPE (personal protective equipment) as required by CDC guidelines.
Q: WILL BAGS BE SEARCHED UPON ENTRY?
A: All bags are subject to search upon entry. Body scan or search by event staff may be required at the discretion of security and CCAE staff.
Please review approved masks to wear for On The Green events:
FOOD AND DRINK
Outside food is NOT permitted. Concessions will be available for sale on site. If you plan to eat during the event, we ask that you do so ONLY in your designated space.
All food & beverage will be ordered and paid for through our contactless QR system on your smartphone. A server will then bring the order to your pod.
ID will be checked on entry to verify guests who are over age 21. For guests over 21, your hand will be stamped or your will be given a wristband upon entry.
Guests that order and pay for alcohol through the QR may be requested to provide age verification at time of service. Anyone not verified as 21 will not be served. No refunds will be given, and they may be ejected from the event.
The Center reserves the right to refuse alcoholic service to anyone.
Q: CAN I PURCHASE A TICKET AT THE EVENT?
A: No – tickets are only available online before the event. No tickets will not be sold in-person on-site.
Q: DOES MY TICKET PURCHASE WORK FOR ALL EVENT DAYS?
A: No. Each show date and time requires a ticket specific to that event.
Q: ONCE I BUY MY TICKET, HOW IS IT RECEIVED?
A: The ticket will be included in the confirmation. You may print out the ticket or just open the PDF included with the confirmation on your phone.
Q: IF I DON’T HAVE A TICKET CAN I LISTEN TO THE SHOW FROM THE SIDEWALK OR OTHER NEARBY AREA?
A: No. All surrounding areas, including parking lots will be inaccessible for watching or listening to the show.
Q: WHAT TIME SHOULD I ARRIVE?
A: Please arrive 2-hours prior to showtime. We suggest planning your arrival as early as possible so that our staff can assist you with parking and seating as needed.
Q: WHAT IF I AM RUNNING LATE?
A: Gates close 15 minutes past show time. No one will be allowed in after that. No refunds will be granted.
Q: WHAT IF I DON’T USE MY TICKET?
A: All sales are final and there will be no refunds unless the show is cancelled.
Q: DOES EVERYONE IN MY POD NEED A TICKET?
A: Each pod seats up to four (4) individuals. Pods can be upgraded to seat 5 or 6 individuals. The number of individuals in your group must not exceed the number of seats available in the pod. It is recommended that you only share a pod with household members with whom you have been sheltering in place.
Q: CAN I LEAVE AND COME BACK?
A: In-and-out privileges are not permitted.
Q: IF I NEED TO LEAVE BEFORE THE SHOW IS OVER, WILL I BE ABLE TO EXIT THE PARKING LOT?
A: We ask that everyone stay in their designated space until the end of the show. In case of an emergency, you may exit.
Q: WILL RESTROOMS BE AVAILABLE?
A: Yes – Our lawn has permanent outdoor restrooms with indoor plumbing. Premiere restroom trailers will also be available for added convenience and to ensure social distancing. A dedicated housekeeping crew will clean restrooms between each use.
The following guidelines must be observed when using the restroom:
- All guests leaving their seats MUST wear a mask or face covering.
- No more than two guests per pod can leave to use the restroom at the same time.
- Once out of the pod guests must maintain 6 ft. social distancing with a guided walk line to the restroom.
- All restrooms will be monitored by a housekeeping attendant to ensure surfaces are cleaned after each use.
- Security will be present at all restroom areas to maintain order and social distancing rules.
- Anybody who does not follow the rules will be asked to leave.
Q: WILL CONCESSIONS BE AVAILABLE?
A: Yes. Concessions will be available for sale on site.
Q: WILL BAGS BE SEARCHED UPON ENTRY?
A: All bags are subject to search. Body scan or search by event staff may be required at the discretion of security and CCAE staff.
Q: WILL SOMEONE BE PICKING UP TRASH?
A: We ask that you please take your trash with you and dispose of it at home.
Q: WHAT HAPPENS IF IT RAINS?
A:This is an outdoor event. NO REFUNDS. All events are held rain or shine.
In the rare case that an event must be cancelled or delayed due to dangerous weather such as lightning or extremely high winds we will update our site, www.artcenter.org, as well as our Facebook and Instagram accounts. In the event of rain we suggest checking these pages for information on potential cancellations before leaving for your event. If an event is cancelled refunds will be available through the original point of purchase.
Q: HOW DO I HEAR THE PERFORMANCE?
A: Audio will be transmitted projected from the stage.
Q: DO I NEED TO BRING MY OWN CHAIR(S)?
A: Patrons are encouraged to bring their own chairs and blankets to sit in/on. If you wish, you may sit on the ground with a blanket, or you may rent chairs for on-site for the duration of the performance.
Q: DO I NEED TO STAY IN MY POD?
A. Yes. We ask that all guests remain in their pods throughout the duration of the performance. In the event it is necessary for a guest to leave their pod, guests must wear a mask and use safe and social distancing practices. Security will be strictly enforced guidelines. Failure to follow safe social distancing, or requests of security or staff members for guests to follow, will cause the guest to be subject to removal. Event staff will be wearing PPE (personal protective equipment) as required by CDC guidelines.
Q: IS SMOKING ALLOWED?
A: No. To be considerate of all attendees, we do not allow smoking at this event. Thank you for your understanding.
Q: CAN I BRING MY PET TO THE SHOW?
A: No pets allowed.
Q: WILL THERE BE AN ENCORE PERFORMANCE?
The following items and activities are prohibited at this event:
- Advertising, selling or promoting any third party product (including, but not limited to, food and beverage items)
- Outside food or drink of any kind
- Glass containers of any kind
- Disorderly conduct
- Grills or fryers
- Kerosene lamps or open flames of any kind
- Laser pointers
- Tents, stand umbrellas and tarps
- Drones, Cameras, GoPros, iPads, or any device used to record the show
- Wagons and strollers
- Weapons/pepper spray
- Balls or frisbees
- Selfie Sticks
- Flyers, stickers, banners, signs
- Musical Instruments
- Blankets larger than 6′ x 6′
- Large overside bags including luggage, duffle bags, camping sized backpacks, etc.
Other items not listed above may be deemed prohibited at the discretion of security at the time of the event. Please note that failure to comply with these guidelines may result in ejection from the event.
Our Box Office will not be open during the event. If you have questions about your tickets the day of the performance, please contact 800.988.4253 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Tickets will not be sold onsite and must be purchased online in advance. For your safety, we will have security onsite throughout the event.