Before your Visit
Per CDC recommendations, the Museum has new protocols to ensure your visit is safe and enjoyable.
- All visitors to the Museum must properly wear a face covering. Masks must cover both the nose and mouth of the wearer. Visitors under 2 are not required to wear a face covering per CDC guidelines.
- A non-invasive temperature check is mandatory for all visitors. Staff will use a non-contact thermometer, aimed at your forehead, to ensure that your temperature is below 99 degrees.
- Per San Diego guidelines, you will be required to sign in to the Museum using your name and phone number.
- Visitors will be expected to socially distance from those outside of their party.
- Current museum attendance is limited to less than 25% of full capacity; this may result in short wait times.
Enhanced Safety Precautions:
The Museum is ready to welcome you back with new health and safety measures.
- Plexiglas is in place at Museum front desk.
- Pre-purchase tickets are strongly encouraged.
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout the Museum.
- Staff wipe down commonly used areas (door handles, front desk, credit card machine) hourly or after each use, whichever is more frequent.
- Museum staff are required to have a temperature check prior to entering the Museum for their shift.
- Staff are required to properly wear a face mask for the duration of their shift.
- Each of us plays an important role in curbing the spread of COVID-19. If you, or someone close to you, is experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, we ask that you return at a later date to safely enjoy the exhibition.
- Even with all efforts and added precautions, an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. By visiting the Museum, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.