FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
California Center for the Arts, Escondido Public Health Update
March 13, 2020
In response to Governor Newsom’s recommendation from the California Department of Public Health to postpone large gatherings, as well as the issued orders prohibiting all public and private “large gatherings” from the San Diego Public Health Officer, the California Center for the Arts, Escondido is canceling or postponing all events with expected attendance over 50 people now through March 31st with more details to come.
The Center would like to express its gratitude to our patrons, volunteers, staff, and artists for their grace and understanding as the Center manages its response to the COVID-19 outbreak. You and your safety are important to us.
These key events are canceled/postponed:
– Whose Live Anyway? (March 12)
– Best of Broadway (March 13 & 14)
– Coeur de Cuisine (March 15)
– Second Saturday’s Art Classes (March 15)
– Oregon State Event (March 15)
– NSDCAR Event (March 18)
– smART Festival (March 21)
– USAF Band Concert (March 23)
– Musica en la Plaza (March 27)
– Sikh Foundation Event (March 29)
– First Wednesdays (April 1)
– Joan Osborne // The Weepies (April 3)
– Dancing with our Stars (April 4)
– Ecolife Lecture: Sex Worth Dying For (April 6)
– 1st Marine Division Band Concert (April 7 & 8)
– Chris Botti (April 9)
– Happily Ever After (April 19)
– Stone Brewery Event (April 27)
– North County Oral Facial Surgery Conference
– Rainbow Dance Competition
Staff at the Center are working to put together contingency plans with our various artists, vendors, volunteers, and staff. We expect to have further announcements about cancelations/postponed events and will continue to update our website and social media. We are currently receiving hundreds of emails and calls regarding events and are doing our best to respond. We thank you for your patience!
– Patrons who purchased tickets through our Box Office for Whose Live Anyway or Best of Broadway should receive an email with details about the postponement. Only our Box Office staff can address ticket order questions. Ticket Office windows will be closed but Ticket Office staff can be reached at 1-800-988-4253 or by e-mailing email@example.com. Temporary Ticket Office hours are Wednesday – Saturday, Noon-5pm. Closed Sunday through Tuesday. We cannot be responsible for refunding tickets sold through third parties.
– Participants/Patrons for Rainbow Dance Competition should contact their representative at Rainbow with any questions.
Smaller private events may be happening as scheduled and social distancing is encouraged. Please contact the event organizer to confirm as this situation is changing rapidly. Per the California Department of Public Health. Patrons who are at high risk for severe illness, or at risk of exposure (recent travel to affected areas) should avoid attending gatherings of more than 10 people.
For small events that are continuing, the Center has implemented preventive measures in line with the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and other health agencies. As a precautionary measure we have:
– Heightened daily disinfection practices across campus
– Added hand sanitization stations across campus
– Made pro-active changes to food service to minimize contact
– Shared guidance with staff, artists, volunteers, and vendors who serve our patrons
The California Center for the Arts, Escondido is committed to the safety of our patrons, artists, employees, volunteers, and community members. As such, we are closely monitoring the developing outbreak of the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) and communicating updates to our community.
About the California Center for the Arts, Escondido
With a mission of bringing people together to discover, create and celebrate both the visual and performing arts, the California Center for the Arts, Escondido is the cultural center of North San Diego County.
The Center’s unique campus includes a 1,523-seat concert hall, a 404-seat theater, a contemporary art museum, art and dance studios, and a full-service conference center with meeting and banquet facilities. The Center also runs an extensive education program and produces free community events. San Diego Magazine named the Center the “Best Limited Engagement” in North County, and the Center was named in the Top Five for U-T San Diego’s Readers Poll for “Best Live Music Venue.”
The Center is located at 340 N. Escondido Blvd. in Escondido. The Ticket Office can be reached at (800) 988-4253. Tickets can also be purchased online. To learn more, including performance dates, times and ticket information, visit artcenter.org.
Josie Shepherd I 760-839-4111 I firstname.lastname@example.org