More than just a performing arts venue, the Center’s mission is also firmly rooted in education. Through its Education Department, the Center offers a multitude of enlightening and informative programs for students, teachers, and the general public, including: field trip opportunities, weekday performances for youth, artist and performer led master classes, free arts and crafts workshops for families, music education programs, and more.
- Join our Facebook group to keep up with all education department happenings at the Center. We encourage you to share your own events with the group and keep the arts community connected!
- Flip through our Learning Together Brochure to see what opportunities we have for teachers, students, and families this year.
- Apply for free transportation through our ACCESS Transportation Grant. The grant offers transportation coverage for our Center Stage performances as well as our Museum Field Trips. The Education Department is grateful for the generous funding by The David T. & Dorris E. Staples Foundation, as well as The Pratt Foundation for making our grant transportation program possible. Please apply with the Application for Bussing to be considered for transportation coverage. For questions and additional information, please contact Education Program Manager, Sherehe Hollins at 760-839-4179 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming Events and Opportunities:
- Join us during the 54th Annual Independence Day Festival & Fireworks and volunteer as a face painter, art activity attendant, or a VIP Guest Experience server.
- Take a look at our Student Call for Art to submit your piece to be featured in our summer exhibition, a collaboration with the Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego!
- View our yearly opportunities for 2016-17
Please see our season of events on the Education Calendar page.